Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Saturday, February 25, 2006

revenge of the Mombie


check out this awesome email that a momfriend sent me yesterday. pretty much sums it all up:
I just made up a new term for how I feel this morning. I am a "Mombie" -- a Mom Zombie. A____ didn't sleep well last night. Also, I have been addicted to ice skating on the Olympics. Sick. Thank god it's over.

Looking forward to beer o'clock.

so rad, right? it made me jealous. after suffering through a few nights of the living dead myself i felt like i had earned a sweet name like Mombie. hell, i'm entitled to one. but how can i become a Mombie if i'm not a mom to start out with?

so it got me thinking, to the extent that i am capable of thinking any more. and then it dawned on me. do you know what i am?

i am a Poptard.

9 Comments:

Blogger bernalgirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/25/2006 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POPTARD!!!! Augght! I love it!

2/26/2006 4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god that is funny. our little dood has had a cold this week and has decided that 2am is high noon. Not to mention the irritating game of 'suck the snot while we both scream' and 'for the love of god COUGH already. I can hear the phlegm, someone kill me now'.

I guess all I am trying to say is Cheers Poptard!

2/26/2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger Shal said...

nice poptard... and our lil one decided to play poop out the clothes this last week... fun times.. :)

2/26/2006 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I was fixing myself a Toaster Strudel this morning, I was thinking about why I don't buy Pop Tarts anymore, which inevitably led me to thinking about you and your Poptardosity and had a fit of the giggles, which was a nice way to pass the time until my toaster oven dinged and breakfast was served, so thanks!

2/26/2006 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poptard. i laughed out loud. absolutely fabulous.

2/27/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Ivar said...

amen, brother!!!! i am right with you!

2/27/2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger The Catharine Chronicles said...

I'm so furious that I didn't think of this myself, I can't tell you. Damn me. Damn you. Damn us all to hell and back.

~C~

3/01/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger CP said...

POPTARD! MOMBIE.

Lawdy, I have new words for my extensive vocabulary along with "brown baggin'" and "sucky mc suck suck".

These are beautiful. May I borrow them and republish them at will?

CP.

3/03/2006 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home