Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Saturday, December 16, 2006

profiles in parenting!

i have long been on record that one of the top reasons for having children is to embarrass them. i cannot wait for the day when my daughter is 13 and waaaay too cool to hang out with her old man. that is PRECISELY when i am going to up the dork-factor on my attire (if, 12 years from now, that's even possible). i am going to make loud unfunny jokes and will be unabashed about my bodily functions whenever she has company. i am talking about sporting stained wife-beaters and short shorts with dark socks pulled up to my knees. especially when she has company. it will also be mustache time. oh yes. mucho mustacho.

anyway, today i discovered another reason to have kids: to scare the living shit out of them. is there any sweeter payback than this? these two boys apparently stayed up way past their bedtime watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre ... and their parents profited greatly from it. this, my friends, is reason enough for anyone to become a parent:


6 Comments:

Blogger Shylah said...

That is SO wrong.

12/16/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger The other me said...

When my son was about 14 he spooked himself watching some freaky show where the people turned into white faced zombies...I plastered my face with thick white face cream and poked my head round his bedroom door....worth every moment of pain giving birth to him to see that reaction!

12/16/2006 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! That's so awesome!!! I agree... it's fun. We happen to make a habit of it with our kids ;)

12/17/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

I love the one kid's indignant, "What's WRONG with you?" I hope the parents feel bad for that one! It would have scared the shit out of me.

12/17/2006 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just peed my pants laughing!!!

12/19/2006 1:38 AM  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

how come they are sleeping in the same bed?

I saw this on tv once and laughed very very hard

12/19/2006 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home