Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

humbled

readers. my wee gentle angels, you are descended from on high to guide me back on to the path to glory. no. it is not for mr nice guy, this slow steady sink into putrid obsolescence and self-pitying despair, brought upon himself by his own foul hubris! nay! you have shown me the light and the light has shown me only that i am not worthy of you.

seriously. your comments were lovely and overpowering and lovely. so, of course mr nice guy will live on! i may take some liberties with the form from time to time. i may indulge myself and challenge you all to be better people ... but together we can make the world a better place, one post at a time. i even have a good poop story to tell you, perhaps tomorrow. but for now, take my hand as i lead you into a future replete with beautiful things.

FOR EXAMPLE! i present to you a mr nice guy first! a song! i have long been toying with the idea of starting an mp3 blog, but the thought of starting from scratch was daunting. also, i am a luddite. so let us begin now, together, with one relevant ditty and see if this works. and if maybe i can introduce a few good, palliative tunes into your life, it will help soothe you after my weak stabs at humor.

this is Linda Balintine. she comes to us courtesy of the
Numero Group, a label in the midst of putting out an insanely excellent series of compilations of lost sounds called "Eccentric Soul." i think they're 11 or 12 discs into the series now and there is too much goodness to get into at the moment, but i thought Linda Balintine's contribution is particularly on point today.

this is from detroit's long-defunct Bandit label and it will steal your booty right on up out of your chair. it's called
You're a Hard Habit to Break and it's dedicated to you, my darlings.

UPDATE: seems like i am having technical problems with the ol'MP3. anyone out there know how to post music in a handsome and friendly way?

11 Comments:

Blogger c said...

So glad you're not leaving us all alone and weepy in the ether. But I get a little message saying that too many people watched the video and now I can't watch it. Boo.

11/01/2006 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the bets news i have heard all day.

11/02/2006 1:51 AM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Poop story please.

11/02/2006 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're sticking around.

NOW DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE!

Just kidding. No pressure on trying to come up with new posts. Seriously. But I must say it's nice to be able to keep you on bloglines.

...and maybe ask Dutch about posting music. He's done it a few times.

11/02/2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger jdg said...

I was totally going to ask what you thought about eccentric soul but I thought a true aficionado such as yourself would have thought I was gay for even bringing up reissues.

11/02/2006 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great, thanks!

11/02/2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger mr. nice guy said...

dutch, i worship at the altar of eccentric soul. and without reissues my cd collection would be as skinny as a monkey in an aggressive calorie-restriction experiment. or something.

11/02/2006 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Guy, I am a loser and I do not know how to use HTML tags. I hope this simple post works. I have contemplated commenting on entries several times but have refrained b/c of my internet and blog-world idiocy. However... having checked your site for several days running to find nothing new... and then to find your thinly veiled threat to bow out of the blog world... now I am moved to write. I am clueless as to how to share mp3s with ease, but I know that I would very much miss your ridiculous and often irreverent blog entries if you choose to fall off the face of the blogging earth. You crack me up. I have a 19-month old and stumbled upon your site completely by accident while searching for kid wisdom online. I love your blog. It is addictive. I left the work world and a writing job to be a full-time sahm, and you're one of my few voluntary links to reality. So, quit blogging if you must, or take a hiatus and share music with us or whatever, but please think long and hard before you take a permanent exit. You really are a very talented and literary wordsmith. If you stop blogging, then please tell us your chosen pseudonym so that if/when you publish, we can make a well-deserved fuss. Seriously.

11/02/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger hronnsa said...

it appears that the song you're trying to share was purchased on itunes? it is an mp4, or at least shows up as one on my end. i am not sure you can share itune purchased goodies with the rest of us. sadly. but i'm sure that there are techno-savy peeps out there just itchin' to get to help ya. and thus concludes my non-helping commenting.

11/02/2006 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, am I the only one who could listen to it? Granted, it loaded very slowly (I can't remember, but I may have walked away for a while doin' some baby wrasslin', or summin'), but it worked just fine-and, yes, I enjoyed it so very much.

11/03/2006 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're staying around as I have a huge internet crush on you and would be heart-broken if I had to find another.

11/06/2006 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home