Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Friday, July 14, 2006

leaving on a jet train

so mrs nice guy and i are about to get on a train to DC. for the weekend. without the baby. and the angels sang and the trumpets blew and the rocketsredglare.

we have a wedding to attend in our nation's fair swampland capital. weather forecast: 900 percent humidity at 115 degrees. who cares?! sleep forecast: while not attending nuptials, the wife and i will cram more Z's into one weekend than were in the entire last 12 seasons of sesame street. we might even just skip the wedding and sleep.

sleep. it's the new sex.

anyway. the in-laws are coming this afternoon to relieve the nanny and will stay with the baby until/if we come back on sunday. i suspect that mater-in-law will abscond with the child, who she loves more than we do. between you and me, it's a little eerie. the woman has a baby-nice-guy fetish. i fear she will set up some alt-interweb baby-fetish group while we're out of town. (and now, if you google "baby fetish" and "it's the new sex" you will get this blog. splendid.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think sleep is even better than sex was - because I can actually do it alone, and not have to talk to a priest about it.

7/14/2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're asleep dream of sex. Voila--two birds with one stone!!

Have a good vacation!!!

7/14/2006 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) I remember when I would actually fantasize about sleep.

2) I'd like to apologize for the weather here in DC ahead of time. I spent most of my life in FLORIDA and I won't go outside unless I have to right now.

3) I hope it's a fun wedding.

7/14/2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Hope you enjoyed your stay here in the foggy bottom of the known world.

I thought that I'd never get used to the oppressive summers--and I used to live in Palm Springs, where it would be 90 degrees in January . . . but that's a dry heat--but I've learned to be thankful for the humidity.

It's so hot here that if it weren't for the humidity, we'd all just burst into flames.

7/16/2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home