Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

advice for the ages

we have been told. we have been told in birthing class, we have been told by the doulas we are interviewing, we have been told by all the literature. there comes a point in every labor--be it natural or drugged--that the poor dear feels like giving up. the laboring woman believes she is incapable of continuing. but you must carry on. she can push no more. but you must carry on. she wants to quit. but you must carry on. she is convinced she can't do it. these feelings, we are told, are natural.

so, mrs nice guy, my love, my feathery soft cooing dove of a wifebird, let me say to you now--as i surely shall say to you in the darkest hour of your labor--that you must carry on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cattiva said...

DO they tell you about the cursing in birthing class? I haven't had the need to attend one in years. Just wondering if they've gotten more realistic.

4/12/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I missed all that. My first one had to be sucked out via some vaccuum thingy and the next two only took 3 pushes. I guess I'm lucky...or lazy. ;)

4/12/2005 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all true, you yell, you scream, you swear like a dockworker, and you wish you could take it back where it came from. Good luck!!

4/12/2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home