Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Friday, April 22, 2005

trendspotting




so in the 36-or-so weeks that my precious tiny darling bridelette has been knocked up, we have noticed a bit of a trend.
  • three people in my office (besides me) are either pregnant or married to someone who is
  • two of those people (not including me) are in my very small department
  • four people at mrs nice guy's office are pregnant, not counting the two who recently gave birth
  • we just met our new neighbors. nice couple. she's due the week before mrs nice guy

i was walking with friends last weekend through our hood on a perfect sunny day. as we stood in front of a corner coffee shop, pregnant lady after pregnant lady walked by. bouncing bulgy bellies abounded. i exclaimed, feeling vaguely threatened, "they're fucking everywhere!" a friend replied "no, they were fucking everywhere a few months ago." sweet.

anyway. all of this was to say: by all means come to new york, people, but please for the love of god do not drink the water.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's YOU, mr. nice guy, YOU. You're like an unstoppable reproductive disease, spreading it's way through the north east. Why, actually, I think I just felt a kick. I got knocked up just from reading your blog. Apparently, your fertility is finding it's way through the internet. WATCH OUT, READERS.

4/22/2005 4:45 PM  
Blogger mr. nice guy said...

it's true. it is folly to endeavor to thwart my omnipotent seed!

4/22/2005 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i work in the birth center at a major hospital in minneapolis. currently 18 nurses are pregnant.

4/25/2005 2:01 AM  
Blogger mr. nice guy said...

i have never been to minneapolis, so it wasn't me.

you win.

4/25/2005 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home