Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Dear Malia and Sasha,"

the president-elect has written a letter to his daughters in the current issue of Parade magazine. as i read it, my own two girls are playing on the rug. 

I want all our children to go to schools worthy of their potential-schools that challenge them, inspire them, and instill in them a sense of wonder about the world around them. I want them to have the chance to go to college-even if their parents aren't rich. And I want them to get good jobs: jobs that pay well and give them benefits like health care, jobs that let them spend time with their own kids and retire with dignity. 

I want us to push the boundaries of discovery so that you'll live to see new technologies and inventions that improve our lives and make our planet cleaner and safer. And I want us to push our own human boundaries to reach beyond the divides of race and region, gender and religion that keep us from seeing the best in each other ...


These are the things I want for you: to grow up in a world with no limits on your dreams and no achievements beyond your reach, and to grow into compassionate, committed women who will help build that world. And I want every child to have the same chances to learn and dream and grow and thrive that you girls have. That's why I've taken our family on this great adventure. 

only six days to go. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

amen.

1/14/2009 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got goosebumps!!!

1/15/2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger Robbin said...

Finally, thank you God. A President that can actually write in his native language, and has something to say worth writing.

What a refreshing change.

1/15/2009 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fucking love that guy.

I shouldn't swear, but he's so many kinds of awesome, I have to.

1/15/2009 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home