Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

unskinny midget fetish

in 1988 (it may have been 1989, i'm not sure), i went to a little concert at the los angeles forum. the headlining act was none other than mr david lee roth, touring in support of his Skyscraper album. oh yeah, you know what i'm talking about: big hair, spandex pants and steve vai wielding the tremendous triple-neck heart-shaped axe.


anyway. imagine young mr nice guy's poofy-haired delight when he showed up at the forum only to learn who the opening act was .... guess who it was! GUESS! DO IT ALREADY!

wrong! it was POISON! yay! poison! verily if the evening was a rose, it was one without a thorn -- bret michaels' claim about "every" rose notwithstanding.

i bring all this up to just ask you a simple question: are you as excited as i am for vh1's ROCK OF LOVE? well, are you? YOU KNOW YOU ARE!

check out these classy ladies in this casting video. (keep an eye peeled for some top-notch mothering)


VH1.com Blog

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know you don't feel good honey, but we have to do this."

Because the fate of the world depends on it? Because my 15 minutes of fame are more important that your entire life? You are so right, Mr. Nice Guy. That is a great parenting example. It's a bad example, true, but even those are sometimes necessary.

7/11/2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

At the zoo, I get upset when I hear a parent telling their kid "look at the monkey" when we're clearly standing in front of apes, if you want to be general, and Orangutans, to be more precise.

You make me feel so vanilla, mng, with this glimpse into another world.

7/11/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

You have renewed my commitment to start watching Rock of Love.

Also, now having met (and dare I say liked) you, I have newfound appreciation for your avatar up there in the corner. Just don't kill anyone, please.

7/11/2007 11:46 PM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

I went to that same tour (saw it in Hartford)---watching David Lee Roth flying through the air on a surfboard was, sadly, the highlight of my pathetic year.

And, I'm very impressed that you worked "verily" into a blog entry. Nice work.

7/12/2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger CroutonBoy said...

I, too, have been on a quest for midget-love...

What I need to know (and this is very, very important) is where you found the photo of Steve Vai with the heart guitar. I totally remember him playing that at the Spokane Colosseum while David Lee Roth "surfed" above the crowd.

7/14/2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger mr. nice guy said...

croutonboy: through the magic of google image search

mom101 -- the pleasure (and the hair) was all mine. more blorgy drinks, please!

7/14/2007 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not wait for this show...its stuff like this that is brainless and fun and a blast to watch..

I missed that tour in NY...I was bummed then...still am now!

Steve Vai is playing not to far from here in a few weeks...

I'm still a "hair" fan!

7/17/2007 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness... I just got back from vacation and finally finished up my TiVo'd first episode of Rock of Love last night. While I was moderately disappointed with this first entry, the previews of the rest of the season look AWESOME. I, for one, won't be missing a single minute.

Is that sad?

7/17/2007 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home