Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Saturday, April 21, 2007

breaking glass


hi. sorry, been a bit crazed. all i have today is more links ... more bacon, less something-meatier. but! i promise you that, for the two of you who care, i will have updates on my fascinating personal life soon enough -- updates on my flooding basement, my superhuman kitchen-building in-laws, my one-crutch gimp-pimp style. i will have these personal-life updates as soon as my fucking professional life chills the fuck out for five minutes. but fear not. i will have many humorous episodes to relate to you in my wry, dry tenor in due time.

meanwhile, let me show you two things that i have recently read about honky hipsterdom's favorite radio programme (no, that's not a typo!), hosted by a certain sincere mumbly-stumbly not-for-profit hugh grant.
  • first, earnestly, there was this, which managed to pinpoint the exact source of my vague discomfort with the show.
  • then, hilariously, there was this, which made me feel thoroughly douchetastic for worrying about pinpointing the source of my discomfort with the show.
take them together and you know what this means, right? THE BACKLASH BEGINS. the national public gloves are OFF, bitches! target listeners are sending in pledges of DOOM!

and, interestingly, even as a fan of le programme, i can't tell you how oddly satisfying this all is.

2 Comments:

Blogger barbara said...

Totally. We don't get Showtime so we haven't seen the show, but I don't think I want to. They better not make a TV show of Car Talk, that's all I'm sayin'.

4/22/2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger The Walshes said...

LOVED the 2nd article....made lots of tch, pfft and snort sounds during it :)

4/22/2007 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home