Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online mr. nice feed Subscribe in Rojo

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

in case of emergency: do not ride subway

dear new york city metropolitan transit authority,

i live in this city. i take the subway just about every dang day. i keep seeing a certain sign on my commute and i have become curious: what is the emergency cord for if it's not for pulling in the event of an emergency?

don't follow me? well. check out the subway's Emergency Instructions and please let me know if you can decode them: in case of fire, medical crisis, or violent crime ... "Do not pull the emergency cord."



i am going to tug the cord on my way home just to let everyone know that "everything's ok on my end!"

ps: thank you for not arresting me when i took that picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pandechion said...

The thing I always wonder about is the LCD sign in the subway that occasionally reads: "Escalators are for passengers only." Exactly what behavior are they trying to head off at the pass, here?

5/28/2008 4:00 PM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

A cow on the tracks. For that, you MUST pull the emergency cord.

5/28/2008 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home